- This event has passed.
Different Families, Same Love Primary School Competition (Ireland)
May 5I8:00 - May 17I17:00 CESTFree
The INTO LGBT+ Teachers’ Group are delighted to announce the return of the Different Families, Same Love competition for May 2019.
To mark International Family Equality Day (IFED) and International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOBIT) we are asking teachers to take action in their classrooms between the 5th and 17th May to celebrate the diversity of people and families in Ireland and to address homophobic and transphobic bullying in schools.
- iPad for your class
- Raffle for One4All voucher for all participating teachers
- Hamper of books
- Lots of runner up prizes!
Who Can Enter?
This competition is open to all primary schools and special schools.
- Junior: Infants to 2nd Class
- Senior: 3rd to 6th Class
Tá fáilte faoi leith roimh iarratais ó Ghaelscoileanna agus scoileanna Gaeltachta.
Entries from special schools are also welcome.
How to get involved?
Competition entries, like our families, can take many forms so you and your students can choose to create individual, group or class projects based on the theme ‘Different Families, Same Love’.
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, relevance to the theme and how well the learning was shared with wider audiences.
Steps to Success!
- Browse the recommended resources below
- Explore the theme ‘Different Families, Same Love’ with your class
- Share your learning with others (school/families/wider community)
- Download and complete the entry form
- Send the entry form and evidence of your project (photos, videos, mp3, children’s artwork etc) to
Post Different Families, Same Love Competition, ℅ INTO Equality Officer, Irish National Teachers’ Organisation, 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1